Sweet Potato Nuggets
The goodness of sweet potato and Weet-Bix, in fun bite-sized nuggets perfect for little hands.
- 4 Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials, divided
- 1 medium sweet potato (approx. 300 g), steamed
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan, divided, optional
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Finely crush 2 Weet-Bix into a shallow bowl. Stir through half the Parmesan (if using) and set aside.
- Place sweet potato flesh into a separate bowl and use a fork to mash well. Discard skin, or reserve for another use.
- Finely crush remaining 2 Weet-Bix into the bowl with the sweet potato. Add remaining Parmesan and stir well.
- Divide sweet potato mixture into 1 Tbsp portions (approx 12 – 14) and form into balls. Dredge in the Weet-Bix and Parmesan mixture, flatten slightly to form into ‘nugget’ shapes, and place on prepared tray. Spray lightly with cooking oil.
- Bake 20 minutes until crisp and golden. Serve with dipping sauce and cucumber sticks.
- For a dairy-free or vegan nugget, omit Parmesan, or replace with a non-dairy alternative.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)5.9