Pumpkin, Corn and Weet-Bix Mash
This versatile recipe is a great way to use up leftover pumpkin, plus it can be prepared as a rustic mash or a smooth porridge to suit your little ones’ tastes.
- 2 Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials
- 1/2 – 1 cup dairy milk, or So Good Regular Soy Milk, warmed
- 1/2 cup steamed pumpkin, mashed
- 2 Tbsp corn kernels
- Place pumpkin mash and half the warm milk into a serving bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Add corn and Weet-Bix, and stir again. If desired, add remaining milk for a smoother porridge instead of a mash.
- Cool before serving, if necessary.
- Thawed frozen corn, fresh cooked corn cut from a cob, or tinned corn without salt or sugar, will all work perfectly.
- Add a spoonful or two of thawed frozen peas for extra colour and texture.
- Recipe can easily be halved or doubled.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)9.0