Pink Power Muffins
Packed with hidden veg, adults and kids alike will love these deliciously vibrant muffins!
- 4 Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials, finely crushed
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped strawberries, plus extra sliced for decoration
- 1 cup beetroot puree (from steamed beetroot)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup, or golden syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking oil spray, or line with paper liners.
- Combine Weet-Bix, flour, and chopped strawberries in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a jug, whisk together beetroot puree, eggs, honey, oil, and water. Add beetroot mixture to bowl with dry ingredients and stir to just combine.
- Divide batter into prepared tins and place a slice of strawberry on the top of each. Bake 22 – 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Cool muffins in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt for dipping.
- Honey / syrup can be replaced with an equal quantity of apple juice if preferred, this will however change the sweetness level and flavour.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)2.9