Fruit Compote & Yoghurt Bowl
Prepare this compote in advance, and pair it with Weet-Bix any way your child prefers!
- 2 Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 apple, grated or chopped
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- Combine berries, apple, and water in a small saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat 5 mins until bubbly, remove lid and simmer a further 5 – 10 mins until compote just starts to thicken. Cool to room temperature.
- Roughly crush Weet-Bix into a bowl and add yoghurt
- Spoon compote over cereal and yoghurt to serve.
- Alternative serving ideas: Spoon compote, Weet-Bix, and yoghurt into different dishes for kids who like to keep their food separate; Stir compote, Weet-Bix, and yoghurt together for an easy yoghurt whip; Place compote, Weet-Bix, and yoghurt into a blender with a good splash of milk, for a nourishing smoothie.
- Compote can be made in advance. Double or quadruple the compote recipe, and store in a covered container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)8.2